Any PC experts here?

Reaction score
My PC power supply messed my motherboard so had to buy new PC. I have a new HDD, as my primary but as secondary, I have tried to connect the old HDD into my new PC, it detects it fine but i can't access any files from "my documents", when i go into windows explorer, every time i acess my documents, it keeps saying" files not accessible", . i did have windows password set up on that HDD, could this be reason why i can't acess any my documents files on this HDD? is there any way of accessing my documents on this hdd?

Reaction score
You may not be able to access it due to permission set whilst on other PC

unless you know your way around a permissions table i would leave it you could lock yourself out completely

Sometimes you can, most times you can't

Your either looking at a clean install on new drive and copy anything you want from your old drive to new one

or

but risky changing your old drive to primary and doing a repair installation using your original disk and hope it allows for such a massive hardware change during that repair.

You can also clone from your old drive to the new one but make sure you do it correctly because you may only end up with the size of your old drive total used space on the new one without and spare space

ie

old drive size 100gb
uncloned 80gb
space left 20gb

new drive size 160gb
cloned size 80gb
space left 0gb

it happens. it has to me because i never set it correctly

someone else may have an idea

Ask a Question