Any Benchmark code for VB.NET and C#

Brooke

I orginally posted this in the developer group but didn't receive any

I just recently switched over to VS 2005 and I love the IDE, but I have a
question about VB vs. C# using the 2.0 Framework. I have developed some
simple apps to test the pure speed of the new framework 2.0 vs. 1.1, but in
the process I discovered that VB appears to be much slower than before.
Especially on the compact framework.

I have a simple Towers of Hanoi looping application for both languages and
both frameworks (Desktop and Mobile). The difference on the desktop is not
near as large as on the mobile platform. I develop mobile application so I
am more interested in the compact framework. Listed below are the results
of the test for the compact framework. All apps were release versions.

CF1 - Tower of Hanoi

25 Discs 28 Discs 29 Discs
C# 11.094 secs 90.264 secs 176.711 secs
VB 10.363 secs 81.298 secs 162.115 secs

CF2 - Tower of Hanoi

25 Discs 28 Discs 29 Discs
C# 9.928 secs 78.868 secs 158.123 secs
VB 13.586 secs 108.533 secs 216.583 secs

Thanks

Brooke

The logic of the programs uses the exact same code. The only difference is
the partial class split for the form.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <p space tobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT