any ays to get more points??

Reaction score
Hmm major crunching goin on 100% CPU usage with HUH! 700 Threads?

I guess my 10mb BB connection should help a little too. I only have a 64bit 3200 tho. Oh well doin me bit ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Hmm major crunching goin on 100% CPU usage with HUH! 700 Threads?
I guess my 10mb BB connection should help a little too. I only have a 64bit 3200 tho. Oh well doin me bit ;)
Yep your contribution would be most welcome TriplexDread :)

That 64bit 3200 should do just fine and produce good results - however there is a case for using Boinc for Windows rather than the standard WCG UD Agent with processors higher than XP2000+ due to the way Boinc benchmarks, I will be producing a thread explaining the pros/cons of all the various programs soon.

In the meantime I would suggest using the standard software due to its ease of use :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
CITech said:
Spot on Ady, running sweet as sugar!
For those of you who may be thinking about it, I can confirm the process really is as simple as Ady explained it. Maximum 2 mins to install and that includes downloading and extracting the software.:thumb:

Going to keep it running flat out for a week or so to see what performance changes I get, and depending on how Ady gets on with Boinc, I might consider moving it over.;)
At the moment for X2 CPU's I would just stick with the UD Tweaker - Boinc has some advantages, but also some weaknesses such as only being able to run Proteome WU's and also requires more setting up.
The main advantage is probably going to be for those running higher end single core CPU's due to the way it benchmarks - all will be revealed soon...:thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
At the moment for X2 CPU's I would just stick with the UD Tweaker - Boinc has some advantages, but also some weaknesses such as only being able to run Proteome WU's and also requires more setting up.
The main advantage is probably going to be for those running higher end single core CPU's due to the way it benchmarks - all will be revealed soon...:thumb:
Cheers for the tip mate, I will stick with my UDT until I happen across the mother of all single core CPUs;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
CITech said:
Cheers for the tip mate, I will stick with my UDT until I happen across the mother of all single core CPUs;)
Good idea CI :thumb:

Just checked and found my X2 has already produced over 800 points/3 WU's with a runtime of 21 hours so far today - looking good! :D

Ask a Question