Access Any Access Gurus out there?

Reaction score
I guess I know access to use it, but when it comes to expressions builders and writting expressions I am a newbe. I am trying to write an expression in a field that will auto fill the data. I have a table that has all of our customer numbers in one field and customer names in another field. There is also a table for inputting our P.O.s. I would like to be able to type the customer name in the P.O. Table and have the customer number auto fill so we do not need to look it up each time. I have gotten some direction but it seems each time I try to create the expression, it just gives me a drop down box with all of the difference customers numbers, but does not reference them to the customer name. I hate to admit that I have no idea what I am doing so if you could respond at a very basic level I would appreciate it, maybe I need to go back to Sesame Street.

Reaction score
I don't think you need an expression to do that.
As long as your tables are related correctly and you have the appropriate query it should retrieve the customer number for you when you input the approriate user.

Ask a Question