Another Malware pull an Italian Job

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's been a busy weekend ... be on your toes folks.

Update your Antivirus programs. :thumb:

Remember LINKOPTIM, which exploited a number of legitimate Italian Web sites to spread malicious JavaScripts? Since early Saturday morning (June 16, 2007), Trend Micro has been receiving several reports of a new batch of hacked Italian Web sites that trigger a series of malware downloads once a user visits them. These infection series begin with a malicious IFRAME tag. Trend Micro detects Web pages hosting the said malicious tag as HTML_IFRAME.CU. All the compromised sites are hosted in Italy and, to date, Trend Micro identifies 1,174 affected Web sites.
... ouch!!! 1,174 sites, bugger! :rolleyes:

Full story Here

:user:

oops ... Update : As of 8:22 PM (GMT +0800)
"June 19, 2007 we have received reports of about 3000++ compromised sites".

:wall:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There's been quite a lot in the news lately about a mini-epidemic caused by Trojan.Win32.Small.mi. Since the attack started on June 15th, the number of compromised sites (and infected users) has been increasing.

If you've been following the media, you'll know that the majority of sites affected are in Italy. Although Small hasn't caused anything like the havoc wreaked by the worm epidemics of 2004/ 2005, Italian TV went so far as to warn viewers of the danger - both with a short item on the midday news, and by running a warning across their news ticker. This is something that hasn't been seen in Italy since Slammer first hit.

A nice example of an offline approach to online security.

:thumb:

Ask a Question