Annoying taskbar.

Yves

Hi,

I run office 2010 on Windows 7.

At first I turn off all win 7 feature that aren't nessary to do my daily
task.

I set the taskbar to operate and look as in XP.

There were a switch in Office 2003 to prevent Excel to add an item to
the taskbar for each opened workbook... can't find it in Office 2010.

I still think it's faster to switch between files with the Window-->
menu option.

With the "by default" setup in Win7, you need to put the mouse on top of
the taskbar, wait for the big icon to appear, then locate the file you
work on... your in trouble if two files look the same!!!

Thanks in advance.

Jim Cone

RE: "There was a switch in Office 2003 to prevent Excel adding an item to
the taskbar for each opened workbook... can't find it in Office 2010."

Should be similar to Office 2007...
1. Big Round Button (File?)
2. Excel Options (button at bottom)
3. Advanced - Display - Show all windows in the Taskbar (checkbox)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

..