Windows XP Annoying problem on my PC

Reaction score
I set up some of my software just how I like it and it keeps defaulting to its original setting.

i.e. I set up Outlook Express layout so that 'preview pane' dose not show. Also outlook bar view bars are displayed. I press 'apply' and then if I come out of OE and go back later, it has defaulted to its original settings.

I am having the same problem with 'display properties' and Outlook.

There have also been some occasions where I have downloaded some software form the Internet and got a message that I was not connected to the Internet, when I know that I was connected.

The PC does not like shutting down whilst connected to the Internet. It goes to 'saving your settings' and sticks there.
I have to manually disconnect from the web before shutting down.

Any advice please?

System Diagnostics attached.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    10.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Belarc Advisor Current Profile2.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 291
Reaction score
re:computer stays on default setting

i would start by updating my video drivers.some where in your computer there is a resource
conflict causing the system to hang.
I USE DRIVERGUIDE.COM TO GET DRIVERS.ALSO I HAVE TWO ADMINISTRATOR
PROFILES JUST TO DO QUIK CHECKS.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nah, sounds like a corrupt user profile. Easiest fix is to reboot log on using a different admin account, rename your profile in C:\Documents and Settings (stick .OLD or .BAK on the end), log off and log back on with your account. you'll need to set your personal settings up eg, email etc. but it should solve the problem.

Reaction score
Just a note aswell, posting an export of your event log would be useful. it'll probably contain errors relating to problems writing to your profile.

Reaction score
Techy said:
Just a note aswell, posting an export of your event log would be useful. it'll probably contain errors relating to problems writing to your profile.

Attached

Attachments

• ACEEventLog.txt
    56.5 KB · Views: 382
  • Application.txt
    76.8 KB · Views: 231
  • System.txt
    199.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.

2.In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
To open Event Viewer, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.

2.In the console tree, click Event Viewer.

Message 6 modified with attachments:nod:

Ask a Question