animation from ppt 2003 does not work on 2000

Arold \Al\ Green

Hi group,
I have a presentation that was made with ppt 2003. The animations
bring the text lines in one at a time with a mouse click. The
presentation must work on a laptop that has ppt 2000. The animations
do not work on the laptop for text levels beyond level 1. If all the
sub text are at level 1 they come in one at a time. If there are
level 2 or more they all come in at once with one mouse click.
Is this a limitation of ppt 2000 or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Al
__
Arold "Al" Green

Ian Baird

If animations aren't working try installing the PowerPoint 2003 Viewer on
the machine which only has Powerpoint 2000.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-
90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

--------------------
| From: "Arold \"Al\" Green" <[email protected]>
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.powerpoint
| Subject: animation from ppt 2003 does not work on 2000
| Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:48:44 GMT
|
| Hi group,
| I have a presentation that was made with ppt 2003. The animations
| bring the text lines in one at a time with a mouse click. The
| presentation must work on a laptop that has ppt 2000. The animations
| do not work on the laptop for text levels beyond level 1. If all the
| sub text are at level 1 they come in one at a time. If there are
| level 2 or more they all come in at once with one mouse click.
| Is this a limitation of ppt 2000 or am I doing something wrong?
| Thanks,
| Al
| __
| Arold "Al" Green

Regards,

Ian Baird
Microsoft PSS

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights.

Sonia

PowerPoint 2003 is the young BBOY and PowerPoint 2000 is "grandpa". Grandpa
can't breakdance. Wasn't designed to.

Seriously, PowerPoint 2000 doesn't support features that were added later in
PowerPoint 2002 and 2003. If you need to view the presentation as it was
created, I would recommend downloading, installing, and running the
PowerPoint 2003 Viewer. Then open the presentation.

John Langhans [MSFT]

[CRITICAL UPDATE - Anyone using Office 2003 should install the critical
update as soon as possible. From PowerPoint, choose "Help -> Check for
Updates".]

Hello,

Since you are using PowerPoint 2003 has the built-in capability to share
your presentations with others, that do not yet have PowerPoint 2003, so
that they can still see all of the cool new animations. The feature is
called Package for CD. This solution bundles the presentation and, by
default, all of it's supporting (linked) files as well as the new
PowerPoint Viewer 2003 to a CD so that when the CD is loaded on to a
supported system the presentation will be opened up automatically in
PowerPoint Viewer 2003. The same feature includes an option to Save to
Folder instead of CD so that you can create a portable, distributable
folder which can be moved to another system, server, etc.

If you (or anyone else reading this message) think that PowerPoint should
provide additional options for distributing presentations in full fidelity,
don't forget to send your feedback (in YOUR OWN WORDS, please) to Microsoft
at:

As with all product suggestions, it's important that you not just state
your wish but also WHY it is important to you that your product suggestion
be implemented by Microsoft. Microsoft receives thousands of product
suggestions every day and we read each one but, in any given product
development cycle, there are only sufficient resources to address the ones
that are most important to our customers so take the extra time to state
your case as clearly and completely as possible.

IMPORTANT: Each submission should be a single suggestion (not a list of
suggestions).

John Langhans
Microsoft Corporation
Supportability Program Manager
Microsoft Office PowerPoint for Windows
Microsoft Office Picture Manager for Windows

For FAQ's, highlights and top issues, visit the Microsoft PowerPoint
support center at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=ppt
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbhowto

Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at

Arold \Al\ Green

Thanks for the information. I have installed the ppt viewer and it
works great.
Al