and it all has to go ...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, I have to do another install, I messed up the partitions and cannot change them with out a fresh install.

:blush:

Back tomorrow, with a new one. :D

Attachments

• snapshot1.jpg
    snapshot1.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 237
Reaction score
I can only suggest you create more partitions during the initial install.

10-20 gig for os's, and a data partition of sufficient size for all the crap one accumulates in pc's.

a gig swap is more than enough.

ref my advanced install article for some ideas if you wish, most os's won't go over 8 gig installing EVERything on the cd. here is a screenshot of my layout, 60 gig drive,
hda1 w2k, hda5 fat32 data,hda6 swap, hda7 slackware,hda8 dsl, hda9 yoper, hda10 suse, hda11 pclinuxos, hda12 linux data.

hope it helps!

Attachments

• cfdisk.jpg
    cfdisk.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 161
Reaction score
Hi Muckshifter

Looks like your multi-booting. Be carefull of getting boot viruses in Windows cause it will mess the whole thing up, and I think you know what a pain it is starting over. I had it happened to me a few times on me.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
not me ...

TECHGUNS said:
Hi Muckshifter

Looks like your multi-booting. Be carefull of getting boot viruses in Windows cause it will mess the whole thing up, and I think you know what a pain it is starting over. I had it happened to me a few times on me.
Nope ... no multi-boot here. ;)

Clean Lean Mean Linux machine is all I got. :p

This thing has got two ****house brick walls & a kitchen sink. :D

Ask a Question