An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were successfully changed.

Joe

When I try to use the "Turn Windows features on or off" function to add or
remove anything I get "An error has occurred. Not all of the features were
successfully changed." at the end of the installation.

I cannot figure out why. This is a problem, because I cannot currently add
any features.

Thanks,

Tim

Curious

Are you running SP1?
What specific feature(s) are you trying to install? If more then one have
you tried installing them one at a time?

Joe

I am trying to install the "Remote Server Administration Tools."

Since I recieved the error, I wanted to see if I could install or unintall
any of the features, but I get the same error if I try to turn on or off any
of the features.

I do have SP1. I just recently formatted and did a new installation with
the SP1 disk I recieved in the mail, that was made on 4/2008. I did my
install on around 5/01/2008.

Thanks for the help,

Tim

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
You can get that error message if one of the manifests is corrupted.
Try running this tool which trys to repair the manifests.
947821 Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947821

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| >From: "Joe" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were
successfully changed.
| >Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:38:52 -0700
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
| >
| >I am trying to install the "Remote Server Administration Tools."
| >
| >Since I recieved the error, I wanted to see if I could install or
unintall
| >any of the features, but I get the same error if I try to turn on or off
any
| >of the features.
| >
| >I do have SP1. I just recently formatted and did a new installation with
| >the SP1 disk I recieved in the mail, that was made on 4/2008. I did my
| >install on around 5/01/2008.
| >
| >Thanks for the help,
| >
| >Tim
| >> What specific feature(s) are you trying to install? If more then one
have
| >> you tried installing them one at a time?

Joe

This didn't work, because I cannot install it.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello,
You can get that error message if one of the manifests is corrupted.
Try running this tool which trys to repair the manifests.
947821 Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947821

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| >From: "Joe" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were
successfully changed.
| >Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:38:52 -0700
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
| >
| >I am trying to install the "Remote Server Administration Tools."
| >
| >Since I recieved the error, I wanted to see if I could install or
unintall
| >any of the features, but I get the same error if I try to turn on or
off
any
| >of the features.
| >
| >I do have SP1. I just recently formatted and did a new installation
with
| >the SP1 disk I recieved in the mail, that was made on 4/2008. I did my
| >install on around 5/01/2008.
| >
| >Thanks for the help,
| >
| >Tim
| >> What specific feature(s) are you trying to install? If more then one
have
| >> you tried installing them one at a time?

Curious

Are you running Vista Business or Ultimate since you must be in order to
install the RSA tools?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...97-23CE-4A36-B7FC-D52065DE9960&displaylang=en

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello,
You can get that error message if one of the manifests is corrupted.
Try running this tool which trys to repair the manifests.
947821 Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;947821

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

rights
--------------------
| >From: "Joe" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were
successfully changed.
| >Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:38:52 -0700
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
| >
| >I am trying to install the "Remote Server Administration Tools."
| >
| >Since I recieved the error, I wanted to see if I could install or
unintall
| >any of the features, but I get the same error if I try to turn on or
off
any
| >of the features.
| >
| >I do have SP1. I just recently formatted and did a new installation
with
| >the SP1 disk I recieved in the mail, that was made on 4/2008. I did
my
| >install on around 5/01/2008.
| >
| >Thanks for the help,
| >
| >Tim
| >> What specific feature(s) are you trying to install? If more then
one
have
| >> you tried installing them one at a time?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Joe,
You cannot install the tool to check?

Open an elevated cmd prompt and run sfc /scannow
report back any errors
use this article to help identify any files that may have issues.
929833 Some Windows Vista functions may not work, or Windows Vista may stop
responding
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929833

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

| >From: "Joe" <[email protected]>
| >Subject: Re: An error has occurred. Not all fo the features were
successfully changed.
| >Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 10:22:04 -0700
| >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
| >
| >This didn't work, because I cannot install it.
| >
| >Do you have any other suggestions?
| >
| >Thanks,
| >
| >Tim

message