Subject: Adobe reader hangs
From: "Ray" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 12/3/2003 4:11 PM Eastern Standard Time

Hi,
When I try to open any adobe reader version in windows
XP, it hangs. In version 6.0, I can not even shut down
the reader by pressing control alt delete because it
doesn't even show in the applications list. I have to
kill the process to stop the adobe reader. Is there any
suggestion?
Based on recent posts a number of people have had problems with Acrobat Reader
6.0. Your best bet may be to unistall it and find a copy of 5.05 which seems to
work just fine. I have a copy. If you can't find one nearby, email me and I'd
be happy to send it(it's about 10MB) to you.

HTH,
John
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Steven S. Kurz

Remove all versions of Adobe from your computer through
add/remove programs in control panel, then restart your
computer and reinstall the 6.0 program from the adobe.com
website. Make sure to follow all prompts during
installation and reboot upon completion. Test it after
the reboot, if it still fails check your hardware specs
to make sure you have enough memory to run the program,
if still fails check drive space.

Good luck!

When I try to open any adobe reader version in windows
XP, it hangs. In version 6.0, I can not even shut down
the reader by pressing control alt delete because it
doesn't even show in the applications list. I have to
kill the process to stop the adobe reader. Is there any
suggestion?
.
hi there it sounds like you will have to uninstall adobe
and re-install it