Windows XP Adobe Reader 9.3

Reaction score
I'm trying to download the latest Adobe and it seems to download ok but whenever I go to install it at the end of the installation there is a problem with Windows Installer. The following message shows up: NO VALID SEQUENCE COULD BE FOUND FOR THE SET OF PATCHES.

I currently have Adobe Reader 7 working but would like it upgraded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I'm running Windows XP Personal SP 3 with Microsoft Security Essentials and an AT&T router to connect to the internet.

Motherboard manufacturer:ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model:p4B266LA

Physical Memory 2048 MB Total, 1389 MB Free
Memory Load 32%
Virtual Memory 3946 MB Total, 3338 MB Free

It's got an Intel Pentium 4 with 1.8 GHz

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Have you tried un-installing your version of Adobe reader first then installing the newer version ?
Personally I would just wait till Adobe tell you they have an update for your version.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Same, have been using foxit for years, its 100 times better than that acrobat bloat.... :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

Take the load off the CPU & UNINSTALL Adobe Reader ... Foxit is far lighter on system resources. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
Cheers guys although ive not had problems with acrobat i'll give foxit a go :D

Ive not heard of it before

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Its in my Sticky in Gen Software. ;)

As is most things!! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for Foxit but....

Read the install screens carefully unless you want to unwittingly install unwanted toolbars and stuff.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Another thumbs up for Foxit but....

Read the install screens carefully unless you want to unwittingly install unwanted toolbars and stuff.

Yeah just installed it and noticed several of them trying to creep in

Very naughty

A word of warning even though I made sure I unticked the install for 'Ask toolbar,' it installed it anyway!!!

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Really? Thats not so good. That is one thing that i dont like.. Bundled toolbars and other crap trying to sneak in....

Reaction score
I had to uninstall it manually

It did leave the MSI though which I cant delete using ccleaner. It does not show up in the system uninstall section which I thought strange, only the ccleaner option would show it

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Odd, ill investigate later, have only ever done foxit updates lately as i've had it installed for ages.

May try a fresh install to see whats up. I do remember that the options were a little odd/misleading. You did deffo say no didn't you? :)

Ask a Question