Admin can't install

G

I'm the administrator on a machine that has an OEM install of Win2K. When I try to install Macromedia's Shockwave player (required by another program), after apparently running, I get a window with "You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrator's account." I've even tried running it from the local Administrator account with the same result

Any ideas

Scott

S

Steven L Umbach

You might try resetting security settings to default defined levels as shown below to
see if it helps. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;313222

Scott said:
I'm the administrator on a machine that has an OEM install of Win2K. When I try to
install Macromedia's Shockwave player (required by another program), after apparently
running, I get a window with "You do not have access to make the required system
configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrator's
account." I've even tried running it from the local Administrator account with the
same result.

G

Steve, you're a life saver. Ran it and the program loaded smoothly. My eternal gratitude!!

Scot

----- Steven L Umbach wrote: ----

You might try resetting security settings to default defined levels as shown below t
see if it helps. --- Stev

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;31322

Scott said:
I'm the administrator on a machine that has an OEM install of Win2K. When I try t
install Macromedia's Shockwave player (required by another program), after apparentl
running, I get a window with "You do not have access to make the required syste
configuration modifications. Please rerun this installation from an administrator'
account." I've even tried running it from the local Administrator account with th
same result

Ask a Question