From: "Kelson Roberts" <[email protected]>
Subject: Address bar on task bar in windows 2000 professional
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 20:49:40 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general

How do get rid of the address bar on the task bar in
windows 2000 professional permently.

i have tried right clicking on the taskbar and un clicking
it but every time if i need to reboot my computer it just
keeps on reapearing.
--

It sounds like your change is not being written to your profile. Is your system a stand alone or is it part of a domain? Is your
profile local or roaming? Is there a policy in place, either local or GPO, to prevents changes to the Taskbar being saved?

You can check for a local policy by running Gpedit.msc and then checking to see if any of the Task Bar policies are
enabled under User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.