    I am trying to build a new image with .NET framework 3.5 but do not know how
    to add it as a component to target designer. I have searched for .sld and
    ..inf files to create a component but could not find one for .Net Framework.

    tmcasey, Jan 6, 2009

  2. ..NET Framework 3.5 is already a component with Update Rollup 1.0
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6F-CE42-45C7-ADD2-52F57959ECF2&displaylang=en)
    and in WES2K9
    --
    Regards,

    Sean Liming
    www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com
    Book Author - XP Embedded Advanced, XP Embedded Supplemental Toolkit

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Jan 6, 2009

  3. tmcasey

    tmcasey Guest

    I downloaded the update Rollup 1.0 but can not get it to install. I get the
    following error:A new platform object needs to be installed before this
    update can be installed. Please download the latest platform update from
    <http://www.microsoft.com/embedded> and install it before attempting to
    install this QFE.

    I do have SP2 installed. When I look at the embedded site I do not see what
    I need to download. Could someone tell me what I need to download to ge the
    new platform object?

    tmcasey, Jan 7, 2009
  4. tmcasey

    tmcasey Guest

    I was able to get it to install. I had not completely installed SP2 - I had
    the toolbox updated but not the database. Plus I did the following security
    update.
    Q811279 can be found here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...E5-8285-4AB2-B753-C624C6B622DD&displaylang=en

    I am not sure if I had to do it because I did the update and still got the
    same error. Than I went back to the SP2 setup.exe and found the database had
    not been updated.

    tmcasey, Jan 7, 2009
  5. It is a little confusing with all the udpates. I put the installation steps
    here: http://www.seanliming.com/Docs/Articles/XPe on Vista notes.pdf

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Jan 7, 2009
  6. tmcasey

    Iñaki Guest

    I'm not really sure if Update Rollup contains .Net Framework 3.5. I
    believed it contains framework 3.0 and not 3.5. Could you confirm us
    if is it 3.0 or 3.5?

    Best regards

    Iñaki, Jan 8, 2009
  7. You right, UR1 contains 3.0 only. Too many versions all at once. Just run
    the installer post FBA; a blog post discusses the details:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/embedded/arch...install-net-3-5-on-top-of-net-2-0-in-xpe.aspx

    Sean Liming \(MVP\), Jan 8, 2009