Add 'NEWS' to Go menu in Outlook 2007

Mikoyan

I am using Windows 7 pro with Outlook 2007 sp2 installed. If I go to

Tools | Customise | Commands

and choose the Go category I do not have the option of adding News to the Go
menu.

I have Live Mail installed on the pc, which is how I am accessing this
Newsgroup, but I would like to be able to do this through Outlook, as I used
to be able to do on my Vista laptop.

Please help

Regards, anastas

Russ Valentine

You never accessed news through Outlook. Outlook was only launching your
newsreader. It can only launch Outlook Express or Windows Mail with that
command.
You'll have to start launching your newsreader all by yourself.

Mikoyan

Thanks for the reply Russ.

I know Outlook was only opening Outlook Express, but it sure was more
convenient.

Best get used to opening Windows Mail myself then. Grrr.

Regards, Anastas.

Mikoyan

Thank you Diane,

A most helpful idea.

Regards, Anastas

Diane Poremsky said:
why not pin it to the task bar in win7? Its as convenient as going through
outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: