    I need to give couple of helpdesk folks just enough active directory
    permissions to addr/remove computers from and the AD and to create user
    accounts in AD. What is the best way to do it?

    Eldingo, Aug 23, 2009

  2. Eldingo

    Marcin Guest

    As far as the first one is concerned, refer to
    http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/jorge/archive/2006/01/05/369.aspx
    Delegation of user management can be handled directly via Delegation of
    Control Wizard (Delegate Control... option in the context sensitive menu of
    the OU where user accounts reside in ADUC)...

    hth
    Marcin

    Marcin, Aug 24, 2009

  3. Howdie!

    Eldingo schrieb:
    > I need to give couple of helpdesk folks just enough active directory
    > permissions to addr/remove computers from and the AD and to create user
    > accounts in AD. What is the best way to do it?

    Marcin's right, the "Delegation of Control" wizard is the best way to go
    there. Are there specific OUs those helpdesk folks get write access to
    (for user and computer accouns)?

    Cheers,
    Florian
    --
    Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
    eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.

    Florian Frommherz [MVP], Aug 24, 2009