active x

mcafee sent us an email saying that the firewall was to be renewed. we didn't do it right away (had a few weeks) in the meantime msn messenger stopped working and am no longer able to access secure web page such as web banking. was not able to renew firewall, kept getting error mssg. re: active x . followed instructions from mcafee on how to fix, but it won't work. very frustrating!!!!

Paul [MSFT]

Dear newsgoup poster,

You may need to contact your firewall vendor to get some specific steps on
enabling access. One additional thing you can try is to configure your web
browser for the default securitysettings for each security zone. Here is
a list of articles that discusses the security zone settings you can
modify:

300443 A Description of the Changes to the Security Settings of the Web
Content
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300443

174360 How to Use Security Zones in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=174360

182569 Description of Internet Explorer Security Zones Registry Entries
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=182569

224993 How to Prevent Web Sites From Obtaining Access to the Contents of
Your
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=224993

=========

=========