    poor resolutions.
    This happening to anyone else?
    Ron

    Ron Carr, Apr 29, 2009

  2. Ron Carr

    DaveT Guest

    I've started to have problems (Access stopped working) over the past two days
    after installing Office 2007 SP2. Also recently updated to IE8. Happening
    with app that links, via ODBC, to SQL Server 2008, Developer's Edition.

    Problem several times yesterday, and again this morning. Automatic error
    reporting to Microsoft returns no solutions.
    --
    Dave Thompson
    Allen, TX

    DaveT, Apr 30, 2009

  3. Ron Carr

    Ron Carr Guest

    Are you on Vista?
    Ron

    Ron Carr, Apr 30, 2009
  4. Ron Carr

    DaveT Guest

    Yep, Vista Ultimate 32 bit
    --
    Dave Thompson
    Allen, TX

    DaveT, Apr 30, 2009
  5. Ron Carr

    Randy Eaton Guest

    Error message 'Microsoft Access has stopped working' way too often

    This just started happening to me yesterday. I click on the VB Editor link in a form's property box next to one of the properties and it immediately fails rather than opening the VB Editor window. Have you received any solution to this issue?

    RonCar wrote:

    Access stopped working
    29-Apr-09

    Access 2007: I am getting the message "Access has stopped working" way too
    often
    I click on the link to find a reason, but don't get anything back
    Access often saves a backup during this process
    Happens always in VB Editor: sometimes almost immediately, sometimes quite a
    while goes by
    App is compiling cleanly
    Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    Also had this problem on my other computer, 32-bit Home Premium, but it was
    Windows Explorer that was stopping: on the other hand, Windows Explorer gives
    me the same error on my Ultimate machine occasionally
    There are messages going back 6 months on the Vista site about this, with
    poor resolutions
    This happening to anyone else
    Ron

    WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...b-7374d3da3425/wpf-and-the-model-view-vi.aspx

    Randy Eaton, Sep 24, 2009
  6. Re: Error message 'Microsoft Access has stopped working' way too often

    Randy Eaton wrote:

    >This just started happening to me yesterday. I click on the VB Editor link in a form's property box next to one of the properties and it immediately fails rather than opening the VB Editor window. Have you received any solution to this issue?

    MAKE A BACKUP COPY.

    Then try doing a decompile. See Decompile or how to reduce Microsoft
    Access MDB/MDE size and decrease start-up times
    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/decompile.htm

    Then try importing all the objects into a new MDB.

    Tony
    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP

    Tony Toews [MVP], Oct 1, 2009