Access is Denied

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:04:08 GMT
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Thanks for your suggestions.
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: jimsbid <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 23:22:29 +0530
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| |
| |
| To turn off password protected sharing, do the following:
| | 1. In the Sharing and Discovery section of the Network and Sharing
| Center window, click the down arrow next to Password protected sharing.
|
| | 2. Within the Password protected sharing settings, click Turn off
| password protected sharing, and then click Apply.
|

| --
| jimsbid
| jimsbid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
|
| http://forums.techarena.in

| |

As I posted a few days ago, I tried running the Startup Repair, but it did
not find any problems.

I have done some research and exploration , and I think that the following
registry key might be corrupt:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Security
Would You be able to send me this key with the correct Value?

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| |
| |
| To turn off password protected sharing, do the following:
| | 1. In the Sharing and Discovery section of the Network and Sharing
| Center window, click the down arrow next to Password protected sharing.
|
| | 2. Within the Password protected sharing settings, click Turn off
| password protected sharing, and then click Apply.

| |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

Based on the current situation, I suggest you may export the registry key
from a normal working Windows Vista machine and then import to the machine.

Hope that helps!

> [...]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| Would You be able to send me this key with the correct Value?
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Kinal,
| >
| > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
updates
| > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | Thanks for your suggestions.
| > |
| > | Thanks & Regards,
| > |
| > | Ken Zhao
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | ====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | |
| > | |
| > | To turn off password protected sharing, do the following:
| > | Center window, click the down arrow next to Password protected
sharing.
| > |
| > | password protected sharing, and then click Apply.
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | jimsbid
| > |
| > | jimsbid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| > | View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
| > |
| > | http://forums.techarena.in
| > |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

> [...]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| Would You be able to send me this key with the correct Value?
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Kinal,
| >
| > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
updates
| > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | Ken Zhao
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | ====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | |
| > | |
| > | To turn off password protected sharing, do the following:
| > | Center window, click the down arrow next to Password protected
sharing.
| > |
| > | password protected sharing, and then click Apply.
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | jimsbid
| > |
| > | jimsbid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| > | View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
| > |
| > | http://forums.techarena.in
| > |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I do not have access to any other
Vista machine at this time.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
> [...]

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| Would You be able to send me this key with the correct Value?
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Kinal,
| >
| > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
updates
| > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
me
| > know.
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader

| > |
| > | Ken Zhao
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | ====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | |
| > | |
| > | To turn off password protected sharing, do the following:
| > | Center window, click the down arrow next to Password protected
sharing.
| > |
| > | password protected sharing, and then click Apply.
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | jimsbid
| > |
| > | jimsbid's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| > | View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
| > |
| > | http://forums.techarena.in
| > |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

May email: (e-mail address removed)

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:14:29 GMT
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hi Kinal,
|
| Based on the current situation, I suggest you may export the registry key
| from a normal working Windows Vista machine and then import to the
machine.

| Hope that helps!
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:13:02 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | As I posted a few days ago, I tried running the Startup Repair, but it
| did
| | not find any problems.
| |
| | I have done some research and exploration , and I think that the
| following
| | registry key might be corrupt:
| |

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| | Would You be able to send me this key with the correct Value?
| |
| | Thanks,
| | I. Kinal
| |
| | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| |
| | > Hi Kinal,
| | >
| | > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
| updates
| | > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
| me
| | > know.
| | >
| | > Thanks & Regards,
| | >
| | > Ken Zhao
| | >
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | > ====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so
| | > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | > ====================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| | >

| | > --------------------
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| so
| | > rights.
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > | |
| | > | |
| sharing.
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| | > |
| | > | |
| | > |
| | > |

| |

Thank you for sending me the registry key. Unfortunately, it has not solved
the problem.

Thanks,
I. Kinal

"Ken Zhao [MSFT]" said:
Hi Kinal,

May email: (e-mail address removed)

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:14:29 GMT
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hi Kinal,
|
| Based on the current situation, I suggest you may export the registry key
| from a normal working Windows Vista machine and then import to the
machine.

| Hope that helps!
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:13:02 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | As I posted a few days ago, I tried running the Startup Repair, but it
| did
| | not find any problems.
| |
| | I have done some research and exploration , and I think that the
| following
| | registry key might be corrupt:
| |

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| | Would You be able to send me this key with the correct Value?
| |
| | Thanks,
| | I. Kinal
| |
| | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| |
| | > Hi Kinal,
| | >
| | > I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any
| updates
| | > or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let
| me
| | > know.
| | >
| | > Thanks & Regards,
| | >
| | > Ken Zhao
| | >
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | > ====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so
| | > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | > ====================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| | >

| | > --------------------
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| so
| | > rights.
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > | |
| | > | |
| sharing.
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| | > |
| | > | |
| | > |
| | > |

| |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

Based on your error, I cannot find any similar issues reported. Do you use
modem to make a dial-up or VPN connection? Does the issue occur when you
use another modem?

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]> <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:32:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hi,
|
| Thank you for sending me the registry key. Unfortunately, it has not
solved
| the problem.
|
| Thanks,
| I. Kinal
|
| ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hi Kinal,
| >
| > May email: (e-mail address removed)
| >
| > Thanks & Regards,
| >
| > Ken Zhao
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > <[email protected]>
| > | From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| > | Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:14:29 GMT
| > | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| > |
| > | Hi Kinal,
| > |
| > | Based on the current situation, I suggest you may export the registry
key
| > | from a normal working Windows Vista machine and then import to the
| > machine.
| > |
| > | Hope that helps!
| > |
| > | Thanks & Regards,
| > |
| > | Ken Zhao
| > |
| > | Microsoft Online Support
| > | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| > |
| > | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | ====================================================
| > | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| > | ====================================================
| > | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| > rights.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | --------------------
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | |
| > | did
| > | |
| > | following
| > | |
| > |

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |

| > | updates
| > | me

| > | <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| > | so
| > | rights.

| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > newsreader
| > | so
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > | |
| > | | > | |
Sharing
| > | sharing.
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > |
| > http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
| > | | > |
| > | | > |
| > | | > | |
| > | | > |
| > | | > |

| > | |
| > |
| > |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

> [...]

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:02:04 GMT
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hi Kinal,
|
| Based on your error, I cannot find any similar issues reported. Do you
use
| modem to make a dial-up or VPN connection? Does the issue occur when you
| use another modem?
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

| |
| | Thank you for sending me the registry key. Unfortunately, it has not
| solved
| | the problem.
| |
| | Thanks,
| | I. Kinal
| |
| | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| |
| | > Hi Kinal,
| | >
| | > May email: (e-mail address removed)
| | >
| | > Thanks & Regards,
| | >
| | > Ken Zhao
| | >
| | > Microsoft Online Support
| | > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | >
| | > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | > ====================================================
| | > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so
| | > that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | > ====================================================
| | > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| | >

| | > --------------------
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > <[email protected]>
| | > |
| | > |
| key
| | > machine.
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| so
| | > rights.
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| <[email protected]>
| | > | |
| it
| | > | |
| | > | |
| | > |

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| | > | |
| | > | |
| | > | |

| let

| newsreader
| no

| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > newsreader
| confers no
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | > | | > | |
| | > | | > | |
| Sharing
| | > | | > |
Turn
| off
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > |
| | > http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25812
| http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > | |
| | > | | > |
| | > | | > |

| | > | |
| | > |
| | > |

| |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

I cannot see your post on the 9th in this post thread. Please reply to me
in the newsgroup thread.

Based on your reply, it is hard to us to determine if this is a Vista
client issue or VPN server issue. After performing further research, I
cannot find any similar issues reported in our internal knowledge base.
Therefore, please help us confirm if the issue also happens on other Vista
clients or another modem. It will help us narrow down the possible reasons.

In addition, I notice you mentioned a wireless connection issue occurring.
I am not sure if it is related to your original issue. Please temporarily
disable this device to test the issue.

Also the issue seems to happen recently, please try to use system restore
to see if you can revert back to the correct status.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 06:42:04 GMT
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hi Kinal,
|
| If you have any updates or need any further assistance on this issue,
| please feel free to let me know.
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| | Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:02:04 GMT
| | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| |
| | Hi Kinal,
| |
| | Based on your error, I cannot find any similar issues reported. Do you
| use
| | modem to make a dial-up or VPN connection? Does the issue occur when
you
| | use another modem?
| |
| | Thanks & Regards,
| |
| | Ken Zhao
| |
| | Microsoft Online Support
| | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| |
| | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | ====================================================
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | ====================================================
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --------------------
| | | From: =?Utf-8?B?SS4gS2luYWw=?= <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | | Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:32:00 -0700
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | |
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | Thank you for sending me the registry key. Unfortunately, it has not
| | solved
| | | the problem.
| | |
| | | Thanks,
| | | I. Kinal
| | |
| | | ""Ken Zhao [MSFT]"" wrote:
| | |

| | <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | so
| | rights.

| | <[email protected]>
| | | > |
| | | > |
| registry
| | key
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| newsreader
| | so
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | <[email protected]>
| | | > | |
| but
| | it
| | | > | |
| | | > | |
| | | > |

| |

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| | | > | |
| | | > | |
| | | > | |

| any
| | let

| | newsreader
| confers
| | no

microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | confers no
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | | > | | > | |
| | | > | | > | |
| | Sharing
| protected
| | | > | | > |
| Turn
| | off
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > |
| | ------------------------------------------------------------------------
| | http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=735431
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > | |
| | | > | | > |
| | | > | | > |

| | | > | |
| | | > |
| | | > |

| | |
| |
| |

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hi Kinal,

I appreciate your response and let me know the current situation. I am
sincerely sorry to hear that you have reinstalled the operating system.
Based on my experience, reinstalling system always can help you resolve the
specific issue. Your time and efforts have been most helpful in working
toward a resolution for this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us. It is always our pleasure to be of assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security <http://www.microsoft.com/security>

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:04:20 GMT
| Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
|
| Hi Kinal,
|
| I cannot see your post on the 9th in this post thread. Please reply to me
| in the newsgroup thread.
|
| Based on your reply, it is hard to us to determine if this is a Vista
| client issue or VPN server issue. After performing further research, I
| cannot find any similar issues reported in our internal knowledge base.
| Therefore, please help us confirm if the issue also happens on other
Vista
| clients or another modem. It will help us narrow down the possible
reasons.

| In addition, I notice you mentioned a wireless connection issue
occurring.
| I am not sure if it is related to your original issue. Please temporarily
| disable this device to test the issue.
|
| Also the issue seems to happen recently, please try to use system restore
| to see if you can revert back to the correct status.
|
| Thanks & Regards,
|
| Ken Zhao
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
<http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| | Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 06:42:04 GMT
| | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| |
| | Hi Kinal,
| |
| | If you have any updates or need any further assistance on this issue,
| | please feel free to let me know.
| |
| | Thanks & Regards,
| |
| | Ken Zhao
| |
| | Microsoft Online Support
| | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| |
| | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | ====================================================
| | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | ====================================================
| | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| rights.
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | --------------------
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
<[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | <[email protected]>
| | | From: (e-mail address removed) ("Ken Zhao [MSFT]")
| | | Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 08:02:04 GMT
| | | Subject: Re: Access is Denied
| | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | |
| | | Hi Kinal,
| | |
| | | Based on your error, I cannot find any similar issues reported. Do
you
| | use
| | | modem to make a dial-up or VPN connection? Does the issue occur when
| you
| | | use another modem?
| | |
| | | Thanks & Regards,
| | |
| | | Ken Zhao
| | |
| | | Microsoft Online Support
| | | Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
| | |
| | | Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| | <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| | | ====================================================
| | | When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
| so
| | | that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| | | ====================================================
| | | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
| | rights.
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | --------------------
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | |
| | | solved
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |

| | | <http://www.microsoft.com/security>
| newsreader
| | | so
| | | rights.

| | | <[email protected]>
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | registry
| | | key
| the
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | newsreader
| | | so
| no
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | | > |
| | | <[email protected]>
| | | | > | |
Repair,
| | but
| | | it
| | | | > | |
| the
| | | | > | |
| | | | > |

| | |
| |

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\Security\Securit
| | | | > | |
| | | | > | |
| | | | > | |

| | any
| free
| | | let

| | | newsreader
| | confers
| | | no

| microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | | confers no
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | | | > | | > |
| | microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
| | | | > | | > | |
| | | | > | | > | |
| and
| | | Sharing