    I appreciate your help folks.

    Thanks.
    -Raj.

    Raj, Sep 26, 2005

  2. Raj

    Ron Weiner Guest

    Without seeing your code I can't even imagine what the problem might be.
    But If you are interested in downloading a utility that can set or unset the
    AllowShiftByPass property you might consider downloading the sample Access
    2000 database at http://www.worksrite.com/AllowBypassKey.htm

    Good luck with your project
    --
    Ron W
    www.WorksRite.com
    "Raj" <> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I just faced a problem this morning, and i have kind of fixed temporarily.

    > have an access database where i used the module for disabling/enabling the
    > shift key, just to secure my stuff. This morning one of the users had
    > problem. Looks like if i disable the shift key module, the database works
    > fine else it throws an error - Access generated error and woould close

    now.

    Ron Weiner, Sep 26, 2005

  3. Raj

    Raj Guest

    Ok, here is the code I used for enabling/disabling the shift key function.

    Private Sub DisableShiftKey_Click()

    Dim db As DAO.Database
    Dim prp As DAO.Property

    Set db = CurrentDb
    db.Properties.Delete "AllowBypassKey"

    Set prp = db.CreateProperty("AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, False, True)
    db.Properties.Append prp

    db.Properties.Refresh

    Set prp = Nothing
    Set db = Nothing

    End Sub

    Am i doing wrong somewhere to cause that error. This error is not all the
    time, it sometimes dosent even come, and somwtimes it throws. I would
    appreciate if you can clear the problem I have.

    Thanks.
    -Raj

    Raj, Sep 26, 2005
  4. Raj

    Ron Weiner Guest

    Yes most definitely you are doing something wrong.

    First you do not have an error handler in this routine, and second you can
    expect an error if the "AllowBypassKey" property already exists. You might
    want to download my sample database at
    http://www.worksrite.com/AllowBypassKey.htm and study the code there that
    sets and unsets this property.

    --
    Ron W
    www.WorksRite.com

    Ron Weiner, Sep 26, 2005
  5. Raj

    Raj Guest

    I will definitley check and let you know.
    Thanks.

    Raj, Sep 26, 2005