Access 2003: hyperlink in a text field

Reaction score
Hi

I have a database, which is administered using Access. The data is held in MYSQL tables and i use PHP script on the web pages.

I have a field which is a memo field in Access. I need to include hyperlinks in the text. but when the hyperlinks appear on the web pages, they are just text rather than clickable links.

Does anyone please have any ideas for something i can do to make the hyperlinks appear.

Many thanks

Amina

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This could be due to formatting in Access or the way your PHP script has been coded.

Is the PHP script quite short? If so, you can paste the relevant parts in here and I'll have a look.

Reaction score
Hi Ian, thanks for answering.

I am not sure which bit of the PHP is relevant as it is long. here is an example of what pulls the pre-req field in question from the MYSQL table:
default​
: // retrieve the student courses

$sql = "SELECT courses.CourseName AS name, courses.Description AS description, courses.PublicityShort AS PublicityShort, courses.PreReq AS preReq, courses.Content AS content, courses.WebDetails AS webDetails, schedule.ScheduleID AS ID, schedule.ScheduleDate AS theDate, schedule.ScheduleStart AS startTime, schedule.ScheduleEnd AS endTime, schedule.NoPlaces AS places, venues.Site AS building, venues.Room AS room FROM courses Inner Join schedule ON schedule.CourseID = courses.CourseID Left Join venues ON schedule.VenueID = venues.VenueID WHERE schedule.quickBook = 0 AND schedule.staff = 0 AND schedule.scheduleDate > NOW() AND courses.CourseCat_ID = '{$_SESSION['cat']}' AND schedule.Live = -1 AND schedule.Cancelled = 0 AND schedule.ProgID IS NULL ORDER BY schedule.ScheduleDate";
This is what the MYSQL table looks like in case that's it. It's a memo field in Access.
Field: PreReq
Type: Text
Null: not null
If you know something better that i can send you please just tell me!
Thank you.

Ask a Question