About removing Shortcut Arrows from Desktop Icons

Reaction score
Running Windows XP SP2.
Some time ago someone posted a question about a registry tweak that would remove the Shortcut Arrows from the Desktop Icons and if it would cause any problems or something to that effect. I replied saying that this can be accomplished using Tweak UI or X-Setup Pro or any number of registry tweak programs. I also told him that I've been doing it for years without any problems. Well, today I ran into my first problem. I started using a program called Sandboxie which gives the option of running a program sandboxed from the right click context menu. When trying to do this with the desktop icons it gave a "could not invoke program" error and Sandboxie terminated. It did work however from Windows Explorer or directly from the Sandboxie Interface which made me realize what the problem was. I undid the registry tweak to restore the Shortcut Arrows to the Desktop Icons and the Run Sandboxed option worked fine from the context menu. Live and learn. I'm assuming that many of you are familiar with the Sandboxie "sandboxed environment". For those of you that aren't, check it out here: http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

Ask a Question