John Hollingsworth

*From:* BobT <[email protected]>
*Date:* Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:15:48 GMT

Does Suse linux 10 install without problem on A8V Deluxe using SATA
drives?
Are both Via and Promise controllers supported?

This time I got the Asus model right in the subject line! Sorry about
that.
Not quite answering your question. I loaded Suse 9.x 64bit OS on a A8V
Deluxe PC with 2 x IDE HDDs and 2 x SATA HDDs on the Promise 378. I
loaded Suse onto an IDE and it picked up the SATA drives too and loaded
the drivers during the install. So I would presume you should be OK.

John

Please remove "NOSPAM" if sending email.

BobT

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:35 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
Not quite answering your question. I loaded Suse 9.x 64bit OS on a A8V
Deluxe PC with 2 x IDE HDDs and 2 x SATA HDDs on the Promise 378. I
loaded Suse onto an IDE and it picked up the SATA drives too and loaded
the drivers during the install. So I would presume you should be OK.

Thanks. As you say, not precisely on point, but it surely sounds
encouraging. Or should I say promising?