A7N8X problem

Muhammad Ahsan

Hi,

I just bought an A7N8X with AMD 2200, Hynix 512 mb and a Diamond
radeon 9200 agp8x card. After connecting everything up along with the
hard disk I started the computer. The green LED on the motherboard
comes on and cpu fan starts moving, but the monitor remains blank in
standby mode. So I disconnected everything and tried to boot it up
with only processor, ram and video card (I also removed ide led switch
and reset switch just kept the power switch connected to the
motherboard) but still the same thing. I then removed the ram and
tried it again and nothing happened still. I don't have a pci card
lying around to check if the agp slot is the problem. So has anyone
experienced anything like this before? Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Ahsan

Gordon Scott

Muhammad said:
[...]

lay the card on a sheet of cardboard, HDD ram and videocard only, try
booting.
Make sure your video card and ram are well seated. If it bots then you
are shorting the board on the case, or you didnt seat your cards right.

Gordon

Freddie Clark