A tiny white dot is appearing in the top left corner of my desktop.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Aparrently, this is an ATI Catalyst Control Center issue with the 8.1 drivers, a white and slightly brown square appears at the top left corner of my desktop.
About 6 x 6 pixels. Only on the desktop, not in programs or games or when windows are maximized over it. When I close Catalyst Control Center, it goes.
This has only happened when I installed that new ATI Radeon HD 3650 graphics card and it's drivers. I like ATI, NOT nVidea [yuck] :mad:

f_Weirddotm_1a8a67b.png

Is there any way to get rid of this and keep Catalyst Control Center running?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Captain Jack

I have the same problem, but have just learnt to live with it..Dunno what causes it either

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Damn, put this post in the wrong section, should have put it in

Hardware
YellowArrow.gif
ATI Video Cards

Sorry, if anyone could move it there, that would be good.
I've moved it to Hardware>Support, as the Hardware>ATi Video Cards section comes under Newsgroups and will be hard to locate :thumb:

...and I've no idea how to get rid of it either, except uninstall and clean install the next updated drivers when they come out and see if that clears it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Go and see your GP immediately.

It could be serious, especially if you've been frequenting certain nightclubs in your immediate vicinity.

Reaction score
Well if I close ATI CCC, it goes away.

Hi,

I have had this problem before its a bug in ATI drivers it is going be fixed in further realeses nothing to worry about :nod: Are you using the latest drivers?

Regards,

Wiz

Reaction score
Yes I am using the latest drivers, 8.1 I think.

Download these. Remove the old ones Via Add and remove programs. then download this to make sure that all traces of the drivers have gone then go ahead with the installation of new drivers.

This should correct the issue.

P.S. the first number 8 means the year, the seconded number means the month of
release

Regards,

Wiz

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ATI suck! :p

Sorry, but i dont like them...

Ask a Question