a letter informing customers of an employee's resignation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Apr 26, 2005.

    My boss is looking to find a templated letter which will inform our customers
    of one of our former employee's resignation

    Guest, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Talk to your legal department.
    --
    Charles Kenyon

    from my ignorance and your wisdom.

    Charles Kenyon, Apr 26, 2005

    Graham Mayor Guest

    I wouldn't have thought you would need a special template for this - merely
    complete the information you wish to impart in a letter and use mail merge
    to merge the customers' names and addresses into the appropriate parts of
    the letter. This is pretty standard fare for Word.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
    Graham Mayor - Word MVP

    My web site www.gmayor.com
    Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

    Graham Mayor, Apr 26, 2005

    Hello Charles,

    Thank you for your response.

    However, we do not have a Legal Department. We are a very small company.

    My boss asked me to find a template letter which an inform all of our
    customers that someone has left our company. He does not want to have to
    write it himself. He would like to have an example. Do you know where I can
    find this? All I keep finding are examples of resignations written in the
    first person.

    Thank you.
    Adrienne

    Guest, Apr 26, 2005

    Hello Graham,

    Thank you for your reply; however, I may not have made my request clear. My
    boss asked me to find a template letter which can inform all of our customers

    Guest, Apr 26, 2005

    An announcement stating that so and so had departed form ABC company for a new
    adventure. And that your company wishes him well in his new endeavor.

    Guest, Apr 26, 2005

    Hello Tom,
    Thank you for the reply. However, my boss is requesting something more than
    a mere sentence or two. He would like more. I am not sure how I can do this
    unless, I just write about his accomplishments within the company. Do you
    have any other ideas?
    Adrienne :)

    Guest, Apr 26, 2005
  8. If your boss knows what he is looking for, he should write it himself.
    Anyhow, technically this group is not intended to advise on the actual
    content of Word documents, although there is a flaw in the MS template site
    that directs people here. You may have better luck just googling the web
    for examples, try PR sites or press releases that announce someone's
    departure.

    Daiya Mitchell, Apr 26, 2005
  9. You can search the internet for some do-it-yourself "legal" forms and
    templates. Of course, you get what you pay for. If you look long enough
    you might find something useful. Of course, the boss could write a hundred
    of these letters in the time it will take you to find something, but a
    person has to have priorities and your boss certainly has some here. Sounds
    like an opportunity for some good clean fun. If the boss's top priority is
    that he or she does not write the letter, you could tell him you will take a
    few days off to find one and I'll write one for you. No fee. Meanwhile,
    you could be off somewhere enjoying yourself instead of working for the
    boss. Or you could write it yourself but tell the boss you found it on the
    internet--you could spice it up with some dramatic story about where you
    found it. Perhaps from the people who run the famous Nigerian letter hoax?
    Perhaps from a high desert commune whose members are upset that they where
    not beamed up into space when the Hale-Bopp comet passed by a few years ago
    and who believe that writing template letters for businesses while awaiting
    the comet's return allows them to communicate with a higher force.

    Joseph McGuire, Apr 27, 2005