A end date and want to a calculated date from it with a %

If I have a end date and want to calculate targeted completion
"workdays"dates from a percentage, what is the formula.

IE: Start date today, end date is 12-31
Task One: gets 50% of the available works days=
Task Two: gets 53% of the available work days=

Any help is appreciated

Peo Sjoblom

Use NETWORKDAYS and WORKDAY

=NETWORKDAYS(Start,end,holidays)

where holidays can be a range like H1:H10 where you manually put all the
holidays or a named range

Then take half of the result you get (50%) and use it in

=WORKDAY(Start,number_of_days,holidays)

then the same formula with 53% of the result of networkdays

Peo Sjoblom

Northwest Excel Solutions

www.nwexcelsolutions.com

(remove ^^ from email address)

Portland, Oregon

"Not the sharperst tool in the shed!" <Not the sharperst tool in the
[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Thanks, I'm basically trying to create a backward schedule. I'm wanting to
use a (ship date) end date and assign a percentage of available time per
task, so that I see what day things have to be completed by. I'm not very
good with excel and struggle with the formulas.

Maybe this example will help.

Order Entered Purchase Orders Shippers Printed Ship Date

99% 78% 1% 100%
Date? Date? Date? 5/25/06

Thanks