Networkday & workday with array functions

Reaction score
I have a bit of a confusing question, hopefully I can get this across right.

Column A is used to name some portions of the document as well as a list of dates which are holidays. The dates that are holidays are in a format similar to this:

Holidays:
=date
=date

I have two separate features needed, under one I need to calculate the net days available to work, using =networkdays (start date, end date, holiday) and an area where I have been given a total number of days to complete a project which will use the =workdays (start date, number of days, holidays).

I want to replace <holidays> with an array lookup or something else that will work to scans the first column and comes back with an accepted value for the "networkdays and workdays" <holiday> functions. This way if I add a holiday date to the first column it will automatically update these two cells, likewise if I delete it. Does anyone have any ideas? Is the array lookup function the right one to use here?

Reaction score
Bump: Is the information given sufficient for a reply or should I reword this question? If so, what else is necessary, thank you.

Ask a Question