A Clipboard program request

Moseng

I have seen alot of pretty nice clipboard "extender" type programs, but
can't seem to find one that will collect ALL copied content (pictures,
text) and (here's the tricky part) be able to paste multiple collected
items at once into an application of choice. As one example it would be
nice to surf the web, copy a bunch of stuff on a particular topic, then
paste everything (I choose of the lot) into say a Word document at
once. There are a couple of pay programs that seem to do this but no
freeware ones that I've found. Has anyone seen anything like this in a
freeware app?

Al Klein

As one example it would be
nice to surf the web, copy a bunch of stuff on a particular topic, then
paste everything (I choose of the lot) into say a Word document at
once.

I do that all the time, one site at a time. I haven't tried it, but
with Word 2003 it may be possible to copy more than 1 site at a time
before pasting them with one click.

Moseng

As I said it was one example. I really am looking for a clipboard
extender, replacement that captures multiple copies and pasts multiple
ones (of my choosing) back.

Ron May

Message-ID said:
I have seen alot of pretty nice clipboard "extender" type programs, but
can't seem to find one that will collect ALL copied content (pictures,
text) and (here's the tricky part) be able to paste multiple collected
items at once into an application of choice. As one example it would be
nice to surf the web, copy a bunch of stuff on a particular topic, then
paste everything (I choose of the lot) into say a Word document at
once. There are a couple of pay programs that seem to do this but no
freeware ones that I've found. Has anyone seen anything like this in a
freeware app?

As a caveat, I don't have much of a need to work with graphics or RTF,
so the clipboard extender I use is Clip Torrent:

http://cliptorrent.com/

For TEXT ONLY, it works perfectly for the operation you describe.
It's simply a matter of making your editor the active window, then
one-button click on selected Clip Torrent items to sequentially paste
the clips into the editor.

For YOUR requirement "ALL copied content (pictures, text)" I can see
maybe three ways to go:

(1) Have your browser and target application running at the same time.
Copy, then Alt-Tab, then Paste as you go. Not elegant, but it gets
the job done, and it's my solution for the occasional times I NEED to
work with various types of content.

(2) NoteTab Light has a setting "Document > Use as Pasteboard" that
lets that editor automatically paste whatever TEXT you copy into a
document in sequential form. I'm not aware of a freeware RTF editor
or WP that does that, but maybe someone else reading this knows of one
with that feature.

(3) Yankee Clipper III at http://www.intelexual.com/products/YC3/
will save your clips in "history" mode as you go ("ALL copied
content") but it's a bit less than automated to reassemble the clips
in a single document. The "drag n drop" method is described in the
help file (edited here for simplicity) using Word Pad as the target
application. After you have collected your session clips in Yankee
Clipper III in "history" mode and have WordPad running:

* Resize both programs (Yankee Clipper III and WordPad) so that you
can see both of them at the same time.

* Click and hold left mouse button on item that is to be dragged from
Yankee Clipper III while moving the mouse pointer towards WordPad.

* Release mouse button when its pointer is over WordPad. Contents of
dragged item is copied to the WordPad. Repeat as necessary.

I don't know whether any of this is useful to you. If not, maybe it
will trigger a solution from someone else.

Moseng

A little late on the reply Ron M. but thanks! :) It looks like a
freeware clipboard utility does not yet exist for what I want so a
shareware program it is. Not a problem of course, but it's always nice
if there is a freeware version.

Ron May

Message-ID said:
A little late on the reply Ron M. but thanks! :) It looks like a
freeware clipboard utility does not yet exist for what I want so a
shareware program it is. Not a problem of course, but it's always nice
if there is a freeware version.

You're welcome, and good luck.