3D Monitor

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The 3D monitor I've been waiting for the last 5 weeks has finally arrived :D Means I can finally get on with PhD research at last!

I've just plugged it in at to the University PC and tried a photo demo - quite impressive! I'm just about to try some 3D moving demos now.

Once I've done some proper research on it I'll be sure to get a proper view up here :thumb:

Reaction score
I understand the principles on 3D, but

Sorry to sound a bit thick, But how does it differ in picture quality than a normal TFT monitor:blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
There's loads of information on it here : http://www.sharp3d.com/

I'll give it a good proper explain once I get the review done in a couple of weeks though :)

Basically you can see through the monitor, kind of like when you see a film in 3D and have to wear funny glasses. (none needed in this case though).

The picture isn't quite as sharp as a normal LCD image as the vertical resolution is halfed (a column of pixels is directed to each eye). It's still pretty cool though :)

Reaction score
Cheers:thumb:
Now i understand after reading the info how it differs from standard monitors:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Kind of like that ;) The same effect, but no need to wear anything :)

Ask a Question