360w PSU

Reaction score
Hey,

Right i'm stuck at the moment, i just bought a new desk to replace my rather old and dying one.

Now the space for the case in the desk is a lot smaller than i thought, so replacing the case is the only way to go, i was thinking of the Asus TA210 case.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Other_Cases_35.html

Would a 360w PSU cope with a P4 3.0GHz Prescott / 1GB RAM / 1 HDD / 6600GT

Chris

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well pesonal preference aside i wouldn't want to run my 6600gt on anything smaller than a 400 watt Psu and that would have to be a named brand...the Psu in that case looks like it could possibly be a cheap generic unit and although boasts 360 watt power output, I bet thats a good deal lower than that in the real world...

You pays your money and takes your choice.....

Reaction score
Yeah i'm wanting to make my pc quieter aswell.

Any ideas on a PSU which is hush quiet and will suit the purpose..?

I've seen the Hiper PSU's boasting 14db noise output.

Chris

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Look at Antec, Tagan, Enermax there the best units on the market at the moment...Hiper do some bloody good Psu's as well, so yeah just looked at that 14db model and it looks good for £52....

And you might want to consider Aerocool Psu's

http://www.overclock.co.uk/customer/product.php?productid=17218

I have one of these and it is the business and super quiet....

what he said, but i have a tagan, dont know how loud it is as my case fans are too noisy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a Black Modular Hiper 580W PSU at the end of the month.

But im definately sticking with that Asus TA210 Case, i'll just eBay the PSU or something.

My PC at the moment is far too noisy, so yeah something's got to give and the PSU is the first thing.

Chris

Reaction score
I`d recommend something with plenty of juice on the +12V rail...current matters just as much, and sometimes more than raw wattage. I`d recommend something with at least 22A (single rail) or 2x16A or above (dual-rail) for a stable system. :) More if you plan to overclock :)

Ask a Question