21 pictures of a sunset

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Posted these at BBF last night so while they're hosted may as well share :)

Lil bit of overkill wiv da pix lately eh? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All resized from 2272 x 1704 to 800 x 600 to keep this thread manageable.

These pix were taken on 12th June, a little over two weeks ago.

And yes, it's the usual spot, outside my favourite watering hole :D

Reason I'm posting these is because to see a sunset like this in central London is really quite unusual. It really was one of the most spectacular sunsets I've seen here for quite some time.

Ok, it don't compare with other parts of the World, don't even compare with other parts of the UK, but for here, it was kinda good :)

I had a job choosing which images to post but I think these represent quite well.

If anybody wants a copy of the image at original 2272 x 1704 size then let me know and I'll host it and post a link to it in this thread.

Ok, here we go, The Cutty Sark pub, 12th June 2006, around 9.15pm to 10pm.

And those tall buildings are the ones Al Qeda wants to fly aircraft into, just as a matter of interest.....

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nice pics Flopp's.....particularly like pic 8 very dramatic with the cloud formation as it was and the sun just burning through....

Thanks for posting....:nod:

Reaction score
Yeah nice dude

I see some amazing sets here sometimes but its always when I dont have a camera. Most annoying!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Awsome photos Flops!

Nice one, thanks for sharing. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Wow, that really is spectacular! Have you had any printed out? They are good enough to get framed and put on your wall!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
he lost them ... well I suspect he has after 5years. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Becks: Nope, have never printed any out. There was one I took of a sunset at Charlton, near the Thames Barrier, I liked a lot, was tempted to print that one but didn't.

Mucks: Nope, haven't lost 'em, the majority of all my pix, taken since '02 with my first digital camera and lots of old scanned pix from prints & negatives are on DVD's.

But absolutely everything in the way of my pix are on Media Machine HDD, external HDD and another HDD that is updated now and again that I keep in my lockup 12 miles away.

Once bitten twice shy as they say, all it takes is one hard disk crash resulting in lack of data for one to take one's backup very seriously, wouldn't one agree old chap?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Oops should have paid more attention to the original date of this thread...!

Ask a Question