"0x80040304" error message with Outlook2007

PrometeoSI

Hi, I have a problem sending mails with Outlook 2007/Exchange2003: if I
select a contact from my address list and I try to send a mail message to its
address I receive "0x80040304" error message and the "Show Names from the"
list in the Address Book dialog box is missing entries. I found a KB about
this error but unfortunately that KB is only about Outlook2003; instead I use
Outlook 2007, with latest update. Thanks for your help.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Hi, I have a problem sending mails with Outlook 2007/Exchange2003: if I
select a contact from my address list and I try to send a mail message to
its
address I receive "0x80040304" error message and the "Show Names from the"
list in the Address Book dialog box is missing entries. I found a KB about
this error but unfortunately that KB is only about Outlook2003; instead I
use
Outlook 2007, with latest update. Thanks for your help.

I'd start with a new mail profile.

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hello,

I understand you receive error 0x80040304 when sending a email to address
contact list address.

First, I checked the KB article 834716 and noticed that error 0x80040304
was occurred on Outlook 2003 when syncing emails. It may not be the same
issue.

I then perform further research and I agreed with Brain, it should be
caused by the corrupt mail profile, you can try to create a new profile to
test the issue.

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

If the issue occurs on the new profile, please log on another machine to
see the issue persists.

If the you still receive the error on another machine, please log on via
OWA and let me know if the error persists.

Thank you. If there is any update, feel free to post back.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?UHJvbWV0ZW9TSQ==?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: "0x80040304" error message with Outlook2007
| Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:52:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi, I have a problem sending mails with Outlook 2007/Exchange2003: if I
| select a contact from my address list and I try to send a mail message to
its
| address I receive "0x80040304" error message and the "Show Names from
the"
| list in the Address Book dialog box is missing entries. I found a KB
about
| this error but unfortunately that KB is only about Outlook2003; instead I
use
| Outlook 2007, with latest update. Thanks for your help.

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hello,

I am just checking to see how this is going. Please drop me a quick note at
your convenience to let me know the current status of this issue. If you
have any concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks, and have
a great day! :)

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) ("Daisy Cao [MSFT]")
| Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 08:18:46 GMT
| Subject: RE: "0x80040304" error message with Outlook2007
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|

| Hello,
|
| I understand you receive error 0x80040304 when sending a email to address
| contact list address.
|
| First, I checked the KB article 834716 and noticed that error 0x80040304
| was occurred on Outlook 2003 when syncing emails. It may not be the same
| issue.
|
| I then perform further research and I agreed with Brain, it should be
| caused by the corrupt mail profile, you can try to create a new profile
| test the issue.
|
| How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918
|
| If the issue occurs on the new profile, please log on another machine to
| see the issue persists.
|
| If the you still receive the error on another machine, please log on via
| OWA and let me know if the error persists.
|
| Thank you. If there is any update, feel free to post back.
|
| Regards,
|
| Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: =?Utf-8?B?UHJvbWV0ZW9TSQ==?= <[email protected]>
| | Subject: "0x80040304" error message with Outlook2007
| | Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 05:52:00 -0700
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| its
| | address I receive "0x80040304" error message and the "Show Names from
| the"
| | list in the Address Book dialog box is missing entries. I found a KB
| about
| | this error but unfortunately that KB is only about Outlook2003; instead
| use
| | Outlook 2007, with latest update. Thanks for your help.
| |