Zero Values on Charts

SkyBluesFan

I am currently developing a spreadsheet which will allow the Actuals
Forecast and Budgets of a financial year to be viewed.

The data will spread across financial periods i.e. P1 - P12 and b
their nature the forecast and budget data will be filled in for al
periods.

My problem is that I intend to add the actuals at the end of eac
month, so that they can be viewed against budget and forecast. However
I don't want to have the line returning to 0 when the actuals fo
certain periods haven't been entered.

Does anyone know how you can have a line graph that looks at a rang
for actuals (the cells contain formulas to automatically update
without showing the 0 values? I haven't found a way to stop the grap
returning the 0 values.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Jon Peltier

Apparently you're using formulas to pull in the data. Use something like
this:

=IF(<link or calculation>=0,NA(),<link or calculation>)

The NA() produces an ugly #N/A error in the table, which you can hide using
conditional formatting. No point is plotted for #N/A, but a line will
connect the points on either side of it. There is no line for any
consecutive #N/A values at the start or end of a range.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"SkyBluesFan" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

SkyBluesFan

Thank you for your swift and helpful response.

The solution was just what I needed.