Zebra printing problems

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me!
We use Zebra printers (i work in the manufacturing industry) to print labels with barcodes. I'll not go into the problem too deep at the moment, but basically the Zebra printer will print 11 labels, stop for 4 - 5 mins then continue printing another 11. This is a massive problem if when we are printing hundreds of labels a day.
I'm using the following hardware and software;

Windows 2000 server SP4
Zebra Z6M + printer with Seagull Scientific drivers connected to LAN with Axis 5550 print server.
100 Mbps LAN
Streamserve EDI software

I've tried loads of different things to resolve this, but I think it must be something to do with the Windows print spooler. Anyone any suggestions? Sort this out and I'll buy you a beer!

Cheers

Reaction score
Not sure its windows: i have 35 zebra printers, but one acting up like this: keeps losing the spooler file, there are more posts here with suggestions, I think contacting zebra might get you a patch fix with windows..my hardware maintenance guy says when a zebra goes bad, it takes a lot of work...have updated all windows so far, and do not suspect viruses

Reaction score
I just looked back at archives: there's a similar problem bya guy called "Dena" the reply suggests removing a printer dependency via control panel/admin/services/ then right click print spooler...there should only be 1 dependency: here:regarding error 1068 on spooler startup

in Control Panel /Admin tools / Services, open the properties of the print
spooler

remove the dependency to PMObserv. Error 2 is ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND so most
likely someone deleted the installation of the pmobserv application and it's
uninstall routine did not remove the dependency.

By default the spooler depends on Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Chad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
I had no dependency like that so I will try another zebra see if that does it!

Ask a Question