Red Dwarf
Callan
Two Ronnies
Z Cars/Softly Softly
Porridge
All David Attenborough series
The Simpsons
Monty Python
Public Eye (Frank Marker, bet not many of you remember this one - seedy private detective)
Minder

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, Stingray and Fireball XL5, I forgot to mention those. And it was in Stingray, rather than Supercar, the immortal line 'This time Troy Tempest will not escape' was uttered. Just by way of a correction before somebody derides me for my booboo ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Another couple I forgot to mention earlier:

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Robin of Sherwood (with Jason Connery as Robin)
Bones

And... going back a ridiculously long way, to 1950s tiny-tot's telly:

Rag Tag and Bobtail
Picture Book
The Flowerpot Men
Andy Pandy
The Bumblies (Michael Bentine)
:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
'Watch With Mother' is ingrained in my psyche I think, it went like this:

Monday - Picture Book, wherein some plummy voiced plain lady would tell tall tales aided by pictures
Tuesday - Andy Pandy, featuring a manic eyed male of indiscriminate age wearing a blue and white striped jumpsuit and Napoleon's hat accompanied by a manic Teddy Bear.
Wednesday - The Flowerpot Men, Bill & Ben, who played at the bottom of the garden and were probably stoned all the time.
Thursday - Rag, Tag & Bobtail, who were a rabbit, a hedgehog and a mouse. Or it could have been a rat. Early animal rights campaigners.
Friday - The Woodentops. No, not rookie old bill but a dysfunctional family made of wood having adventures. The family included twins and a horse.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Love those descriptions Flopps :lol::lol::lol: and yes, I too was a tad troubled by Andy Pandy. That bear looked so grumpy. Not forgetting Looby Loo, she of the flat, round head and pigtails. (It's a wonder we didn't all grow up with dysmorphic syndrome!)

Piece of trivia... did you know that the woman who appeared with Andy Pandy - the narrator/puppeteer - was the mother of Paul Atteridge (one of the Antiques Roadshow's experts?) He has said that as a small child, he'd been the inspiration for young Master Pandy.

Woodentops! How could I have forgotten the first topless characters to appear on daytime tv! (For anyone too young to remember - they didn't wear a stitch on their upper bods.)

Anyone remember Muffin the Mule... Torchy the Battery Boy or Twizzle? :lol:

Reaction score
hectors house
camberwick green
chigley
trumpton
blue peter
magpie
the sullivans(aussie soap before kylie & jason)
the brothers
triangle
finger bobs
renter ghost
more to follow!

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
OMG I can't believe that I forgot The Sullivans! All my Aussie rellies will be disowning me in droves!!!!!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just finished Breaking Bad season 4 and still totally hooked, watched season's 1-4 in around a month maybe a little more. Still prefer Sopranos and The Wire but Breaking Bads definitely up there. Should be starting season 5 soon :D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Oh, & as for those that kept me glued to my seat as a kid

Mr Ed (yes, I did. I loved it. Don't tell ;) )
Bewitched
I dream of genie
The Wombles
and anything with Wile E. Coyote (sp?) in (What was the name of the mail order company he used to send off to for all his contraptions? Acme I think. I so wanted their catalogue :lol: )
And of course it was back then that I would watch Saphire & Steele (while my Mum found something... anything else to do)
And The classic Dr Who (Jon Pertwee & Tom Baker for me... I spent soooooo long trying to knit a scarf like Baker's but I was always so crap at knitting :lol: )
And of course the Avengers, Steed & Mrs Peele (again sp? It's been a long time)

Reaction score
Does any one here remember Muffin the Mule I do, at the time we did not have a TV ( come to think about it we did not have electricity) but a friend of mine parents did so I watched it there.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Yep, I do. We were one of the few families who owned a television which made me very popular and having five or six kids cramped around the small black & white screen was a common sight back then for me.

Around the same time were Watch With Mother, Four Feather Falls, Torchy The Battery Boy and Twizzle, all of which have been mentioned previously in this thread, as has Muffin The Mule :)

Ask a Question