You Know You Are A Bad Cook When..

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
- You use the smoke alarm as a cooking timer.
- You consider it a culinary success if the pop-tart stays in one piece.
- Your dog goes to the neighbors' to eat.
- Your family buys Alka Seltzer and Kaopectate in bulk.
- When you barbecue, two of your kids hold water guns and the third stands ready by the phone with 911 on speed-dial.
- Your family automatically heads for the dinner table every time they hear a fire truck siren.
- The EPA insists that all your garbage cans be marked with biohazard symbols.
- Your microwave display reads "TILT!"
- Your two best recipes are meatloaf and apple pie, but your dinner guests can't tell which is which.
- Your pie filling bubbles over and eats the enamel off the bottom of the oven.
- You've used three boxes of scouring pads and a bottle of Drano and a crowbar, and that macaroni and cheese still won't let go of the pan.
- Pest control companies keep pestering you for your recipes.
- You make tuna noodle surprise and the surprise is that it glows in the dark and melts the silverware.
- Your family prays AFTER they eat!

:D:D:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
At my parents old house the (very sensitive) fire alarm was actually above the toaster - and so we knew the toast was ready when it went off! We're all good cooks though, honest! :blush:

Reaction score
Food

I'm a pretty good cook. Thai, Indian, Chinese, Western food, Mexican and a few others. The missus isn't too bad either. Well with her being Thai then obviously thats her speciality.

Reaction score
I got an A grade in Food Tech and have food hygeine course qualification... I can make a cake :D

Reaction score
I can cook toast. That count?

Nah...seriously i`m not too bad. I can follow a recipe and add extras to make it a bit more intresting.

I do a really good spag bol from scratch... No Ragu or Dolmio in sight... also do a damn good curry, if I say so myself :) Not "burns at both ends" hot, but spicy, yes, and tangy :) Anything with chicken i`m good with.

Not too bad with cakes either :) Gonna bake myself a monster sponge after the exams to celebrate/ commiserate (sp?) Anyone near Glasgow is welcome to come over for a slice :)

Reaction score
Kenny said:
I can cook toast. That count?

Nah...seriously i`m not too bad. I can follow a recipe and add extras to make it a bit more intresting.

I do a really good spag bol from scratch... No Ragu or Dolmio in sight... also do a damn good curry, if I say so myself :) Not "burns at both ends" hot, but spicy, yes, and tangy :) Anything with chicken i`m good with.

Not too bad with cakes either :) Gonna bake myself a monster sponge after the exams to celebrate/ commiserate (sp?) Anyone near Glasgow is welcome to come over for a slice :)

Does it have any SPECIAL ingredients? :rolleyes:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Anyone interested in a recipe on how to boil an egg? :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Anyone interested in a recipe on how to boil an egg? :D
now thats a recipe! :)
right now im in the Culinary Arts class (Culinary Arts II actually), never knew that i could cook! :D