Yo!

Reaction score
Hey All

Coolio Site, And very helpful in times of dying need (i hope!). I am part of a Server support team for Hard ware in a multi-national company. Am experienced in building pcs, software and hardware, website design and networking. My Programming has much to be desired. But hey, no one is perfect!!

H

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Welcome drainedsoul, your experience will no doubt come in handy here at times!:thumb:

:)

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to PCR. You've told us what your skills are, but what are you like at crunching?;)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
welcome to the site. As mentiioned before how are you at crunching?? head over to the drundhers corner and have a look;)

Reaction score
Ok i checked out the crunchers corner, and it doesn't really explain what it is, only thing i can think of is number crtunching to put the cpu under stress. am i close? heh

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Your getting there mate, Try lookng here It tells your a bit about it.

:)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi dude and welcome to Pcr....I'm sure you'll like it here if you hang about long enough.....:D

Reaction score
All i have to say is damn, usa have less users on this thing than the U.K. and in answer to your question, I am not any good at crunchin as I've never done it before. However, I believe i wouldn't do too badly at it as my pc spec is as follows;

AMD Skt 939 64 bit 3200+
2 Gig of RAM (4 x 512 MB Corsair)
Gigabyte K8NXP-SLi Mobo
Inno3D GF6800 Ultra
4 x Seagate Barracuda 80 Gig @ RAID 0, delivering 600 MB/s (happy days, happy days!)
17" CTX TFT
Logitech Cordless Di Novo Desktop 2 (Schweeeeet Keyboard)

Guess crunching couldn't hurt, I could use my laptop for the gaming instead. (got me a GF7800GTX in it, totally awesome!)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You could be another USA resident to bring up the numbers!

That rig would make a fine cruncher. You could still play games on it. Just wouldn't crunch while you do. :)

You can find all the info in Crunchers Corner, and if you need help just ask!

If you stick with it i'll do you a sig banner like the rest of the team! :D

Reaction score
Ok well i'll guess i best turn it on tonight then, and let the machine start doin the math!! Bad side is i spent 2 an a half grand 8 months ago to spec it with perphirals and case etc, got my laptop over christmas and i now dont touch it. Down sides, forgetting to plug the damn thing in during gamige, and not being bothered to get out of bed so playing on the wireless... i hate LAG!! but for the comfort, i deal with it like a man, and accept that its the lag and not the fact i'm crap at half life 2 hehehe -
oh and thank god i'm from the UK!!!! compared to usa, this country is a saint!

Last edited:

Ask a Question