Yippee, spring and warmth are here

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
About time too,
6 months of vile, cold, damp, dank, weather , and now to get in the mood for the warmer days lets nature watch :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/wildbritain/springwatch/
Leccy and Gas prices can swivel ...its outdoor life from now on .. mind you i did see a Bee last week the size of an orange Jubily from the 80`s
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
my first love

The countryside has always been my first love, from living next to a farm for 5 years, to going to agricultural college and to working as a forester/estate worker. The joy of seeing young lambs runing round a field, morning chorus of many birds to evening and seeing badgers coming out to play. Sadly working in these countryside based industries never pays well, i left never to return, a sad day for me:(

Sorry for if i've hijacked your thread a bit Rush for my ramblings

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
cool! Love the red tailed bee :) Mind, got stung by a bumble a few weeks ago when we were mowing the back padock. went right over the top of a nest we didn't know was there. real 'independance day' stuff for the bees but they did drive off the invader... sent me running for the anti histamine tablets (I'm allergic to beestings)
Gave me quite a surprise at first as normally Bumbles wont sting you unless attacked so to find one flying straight into my face all aggression was quite a shock.
Then John found the nest so we always mow around it now.
Pretty brave though I thought. One Bumble out to protect the hive against the invading monster (It was relatively flat there so I was using a flymow lawn mower... scary stuff even if it didn't have me attached to the other end;) )

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
bee's dont like lawn mowers or anything that makes a lot of noise

Ask a Question