Windows XP xpsp2 HOME, exploited priviledges, to default?

Reaction score
xpsp2 Home

Is there a tool to reset or default privileges once exploited or ?

Would be nice if the windows malware tool once a month took care of privileges and security settings.
36 virus, 91 spyware/malware, and an exploit later....

Now on a nat router, current version of software firewall, realtime spyware/malware scaner, virtual browser
still researching encrypting the hard disk, learning about 32bit vs 64bit and...
but I've come a long way, and am still a humble user, and in this economy no new machine for me.
Thought I'd pull my hair out reading and learning and using the netch commands...
and I have so much to learn still.

but the clean up is rough, and much has been changed, and windows re-install with such an old cd..
just isn't an option yet, its patch hell for me if there isn't something other than using the same exploit
to put it back, and I don't know what the privileges are supposed to be or with nt authority, user, group
system etc... AND if I have to call microsoft after reinstall what a mess!

Would like to clean it up and not have to re-install. So... is there a tool to go back to the defaults?
And with regard to services, where can I get a list of what should and should NOT be in services?
Most Services I understand, but some were installed with clampi.i and some other stuff I think.
Have had to turn the server service off in the OS and enable an OS firewall because this machine now
is provocative and promiscuous...

Is there a how to, or tool for privileges?
for services?

Ask a Question