XP won't recognize hardware

G

Local computer pro upgraded Win98 to XP Home on my Y2K Dell Dimension and now, surprise, peripherals (except for my camera) aren't recognized. I have a hand held (Toshiba Pocket PC) that I can no longer sync with the desktop. Recently re-installed Active Sync from the CD, ran the Install Wizard, and then get message "Your device is not connected" even though it's plugged into the USB as directed. (IE, after installing software from CD and running wizard.) Had similar issue with my HP printer, even with new drivers: device not found

Looked up system info and found the USB port in the list (actually have two usb ports.)

Clues how to create compatibility

Thanks

WR

G

Having same problem with SCSI card that operates my scanner --- see it in ME but not in XP -- Let me know if you find something out -- I will do the same

G

Most definitely will share useful info. Can send direct if you wish, since the newsgroup fills so quickly. Appreciate same.

B

Billy

Try removing all traces of the drivers for the affected devices.
Then with those devices disconnected load the driver(s). You should be
prompted by the installation program when it is time to connect the
device.

Wakerobin said:
Local computer pro upgraded Win98 to XP Home on my Y2K Dell Dimension
and now, surprise, peripherals (except for my camera) aren't
recognized. I have a hand held (Toshiba Pocket PC) that I can no
longer sync with the desktop. Recently re-installed Active Sync from
the CD, ran the Install Wizard, and then get message "Your device is
not connected" even though it's plugged into the USB as directed. (IE,
after installing software from CD and running wizard.) Had similar
issue with my HP printer, even with new drivers: device not found.

Ask a Question