XP to 98 and printing

G

I have a win98 desktop pc with a local printer attached. the desktop is connected with a cable to my wireless router. the wireless router is connected to my cable modem and the router is also providing dhcp. i have a winXP laptop with wireless. the laptop is receiving the internet connection just fine. i have enabled file and printer sharing on both pc's and from the win98 machine i can see the shared folders on the winXP machine, but I cannot see the win98 shared folders or the printer that I have shared on the win98 machine from the winXP machine. I have turned off the XP firewall, I have disabled my software firewalls (ZA on the desktop and McAfee on the laptop) and I can see both machines in the workgroup under my network places, but i cannot see the shared folders or printer. both pc's have the same workgroup. am i forgetting anything? please help.

G

thanks, I tried that but still was not allowed to add the network location. The pc shows up in the workgroup and i have sharing enabled on a folder, but it will not let me add

anybody else have a suggestion please?

Ask a Question