XP OEM And SP2 Activation

news.msn.co.uk

I have slipstreamed my copy of Xp Pro OEM with Service pack 2.
i have now formated my PCit all installs ok with the product key but when i
come to activate it it says product key is invalid. We have 20 copies of Pro
OEM (we build POS systems) but none will allow Activation yet if i try the
origianl CD it works fine.
So why is Service pack 2 disableing OEM activation when slip streamed

Mark

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
What is the exact error message that you are getting and when are you
getting it?
Is this happening during installation or post installation when you go to
activate?
It sounds like the key is accepted for installation and the problem happens
post install when the actual activation takes place.
So you need to make sure that the OEM keys are matched to the machines that
they were used with before, it they weren't matched then you can get this
type of error when you go to activate since the hardware is different.
Each machine should have it's own Product key and only that product key
should work with that machine.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

news.msn.co.uk

hi

It says this product key is unauthorised. Activation cannot be completed
until a valid product key is entered.
i have tried about 4 procuct keys and all come up with the same but if i try
one of the keys with the original cd it works fine. it seems to be because i
have slipstreamed sp2 in to the cd then installed from that. the product key
goes in fine at installation.

Mark

From: "news.msn.co.uk" <[email protected]>
Subject: XP OEM And SP2 Activation
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:36:01 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

I have slipstreamed my copy of Xp Pro OEM with Service pack 2.
i have now formated my PCit all installs ok with the product key but when i
come to activate it it says product key is invalid. We have 20 copies of Pro
OEM (we build POS systems) but none will allow Activation yet if i try the
origianl CD it works fine.
So why is Service pack 2 disableing OEM activation when slip streamed

Mark

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Mark,
Can you send me the spslpsrm.log file from the machine where you ran the
slipstream?
That is the slipstream log file.
This should be working correctly.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

From: "news.msn.co.uk" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 18:36:01 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

I have slipstreamed my copy of Xp Pro OEM with Service pack 2.
i have now formated my PCit all installs ok with the product key but when i
come to activate it it says product key is invalid. We have 20 copies of Pro
OEM (we build POS systems) but none will allow Activation yet if i try the
origianl CD it works fine.
So why is Service pack 2 disableing OEM activation when slip streamed

Mark

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Mark,
Whose OEM media are we talking about?