XP Install

terp97

I'm currently running 2000 and my XP CD will not run on
my IBM Thinkpad for the install. I know the CD is not
damaged because it runs on my desktop and my ibm had xp
on it before. I have a IBM I Series 1161 11U and the CD
ROM is working properly as well. Please advise. Thanks.

Jim Macklin

Windows 2000 Professional requires Windows XP Professional
for an upgrade.

see
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/upgrading/matrix.asp

more info
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;winxpstart&product=winxp

| I'm currently running 2000 and my XP CD will not run on
| my IBM Thinkpad for the install. I know the CD is not
| damaged because it runs on my desktop and my ibm had xp
| on it before. I have a IBM I Series 1161 11U and the CD
| ROM is working properly as well. Please advise. Thanks.

wojo

And I hope you plan to uninstall it from your desktop or use a different CD
Key to install it on your laptop since you can't use the same Key on both
according to MS EULA.

terp97

I'm running 2000 Prof and have XP Professional to install
or upgrade but the Install incon will not activate when
the screen pops up. Could it be the Laptop? I know the
CD is and i have tested on another PC Desktop. Please
help?

Jim Macklin

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the CD and booted with
the XP CD in the drive, it should ask if you want to boot
from the CD, press any key. Then you select to install,
then the choice upgrade or clean.

message | I'm running 2000 Prof and have XP Professional to install
| or upgrade but the Install incon will not activate when
| the screen pops up. Could it be the Laptop? I know the
| CD is and i have tested on another PC Desktop. Please
| help?

wojo

What exactly happens when you boot to the CD?
Do you get an error message or a blank screen?
Does it just boot to Windows 2000 on your HD?

i have tried that as well nothing!

.