** XP Home Integrated SP2 - activation problems **

D

Dave

Hi

I am running XP Home Retail which was last activated around 8 months ago. I have now integrated the network install of SP2 with my copy of XP Home and after formatting my computer, I carried out a clean install of XP and during setup, I used the CD Key that was provided with my copy,

After installation was complete, I connected to the internet and clicked on "Activate windows" and then got a message something; 'this key is unauthorised'.

How can this be? As already stated above, I last activated Windows around 9 months ago - which is way above the period of 120 days, so I should have been able to activate without problems.

Do users need a new key after integrating a service pack?

Regards

Dave

C

CS

Hi

I am running XP Home Retail which was last activated around 8 months ago. I have now integrated the network install of SP2 with my copy of XP Home and after formatting my computer, I carried out a clean install of XP and during setup, I used the CD Key that was provided with my copy,

After installation was complete, I connected to the internet and clicked on "Activate windows" and then got a message something; 'this key is unauthorised'.

How can this be? As already stated above, I last activated Windows around 9 months ago - which is way above the period of 120 days, so I should have been able to activate without problems.

Do users need a new key after integrating a service pack?

Regards

Dave

This has been reported by some other users also. Sorry, I don't have
a solution for you but if you contact the activation center by phone,
they should give you a new activation code.

Ask a Question