XP Desktop Icons Hidden

G

My niece tried to modify the background on her desktop and added a custom picture of a parrot as the background. Somehow she managed to hide all her icons on the desktop behind the picture so all that shows is the background and nothing else. I know the icons are on the desk because I tried to copy the folders she used back onto the desktop and two things happened: 1) received a messsage box telling me folder already existed on desktop and 2) when I tried to copy a folder or shortcut not previously on her desktop it copied, but immediately disappeared behind the background. I was able to confirm the desktop icons where still there by looking under Documents and Settings and viewing her desktop. I tried no background and restoring Windows defaults, but nothing will bring the icons to the forefront. Does anyone have any ideas on where to look next? BTW, the other user's desktops in her family were untouched and the icons appear.

Ask a Question