XLA file in project

Graham H

I have a peculiar situation with one colleague with an xla file which otherwise works
perfectly well elsewhere. When I look at his project manager the Microsoft Excel Objects,
namely Sheet1 and ThisWorkbook, (in a blank sheet) are within the xla file. ie if the xla
file is clicked on the + sign then these appear within it and not outwith as they should
be. If the add-in is removed through Tools>Addins then excel works fine, but as soon as
it is added in there are compile errors in hidden workbook etc. The add-in is fine in
other computers but this just seems to be corrupted. Is there any way to resolve this
other than a clean install of excel. Many thanks for your help.

Graham

Jim Cone

Are the XL versions the same?
Are the operating systems the same?
Have you examined the offending code?

Have you asked the author of the code about the problem?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Graham H"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have a peculiar situation with one colleague with an xla file which otherwise works
perfectly well elsewhere. When I look at his project manager the Microsoft Excel Objects,
namely Sheet1 and ThisWorkbook, (in a blank sheet) are within the xla file. ie if the xla
file is clicked on the + sign then these appear within it and not outwith as they should
be. If the add-in is removed through Tools>Addins then excel works fine, but as soon as
it is added in there are compile errors in hidden workbook etc. The add-in is fine in
other computers but this just seems to be corrupted. Is there any way to resolve this
other than a clean install of excel. Many thanks for your help.

Graham

Graham H

Sorry didn't mean to be so imprecise. All are on Excel 2002 SP3, Winows XP. The add in is
widely available and mentioned regularly on newsgroups and none have expressed a similar
problem through all my searches on this add-in. It is complex so finding offending code
would be beyond my limited abilities. I could e-mail the author to see if he has
experiened the problem however it has worked perfectly well up to this stage and I just
thought it might strike a chord with someone experiencing a similar situation and that
there was perhaps something indentifiable that my colleague might have done to result in
this. Thanks anyway for your response.

Jim Cone

Maybe...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410
"You receive a compile error in hidden module..."
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Graham H" <
(e-mail address removed)>
wrote in message
Sorry didn't mean to be so imprecise. All are on Excel 2002 SP3, Winows XP. The add in is
widely available and mentioned regularly on newsgroups and none have expressed a similar
problem through all my searches on this add-in. It is complex so finding offending code
would be beyond my limited abilities. I could e-mail the author to see if he has
experiened the problem however it has worked perfectly well up to this stage and I just
thought it might strike a chord with someone experiencing a similar situation and that
there was perhaps something indentifiable that my colleague might have done to result in
this. Thanks anyway for your response.

Graham H

Thanks again Jim. Been there already, no joy. Appreciate help though. Think I will give
author a go.