From: "Aron Vahgner" <[email protected]>
Subject: wutemp
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:28:49 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

Windows is, by default, placing the WUTemp folder on my
third partition (E:) and I would like it to go to either
the C: or the D: partitions. Is there a way to change
this? Perhaps a registry tweak?
-----

Aron,

I always thought this folder was placed on the root of the partition the OS is on. Which partition is your OS on? I have
searched and found no information on moving this folder to another partition and it is not located in the registery unless it is
a binary value.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Aron

Windows is, by default, placing the WUTemp folder on my
third partition (E:) and I would like it to go to either
the C: or the D: partitions. Is there a way to change
this? Perhaps a registry tweak?
-----

Aron,

I always thought this folder was placed on the root of
the partition the OS is on. Which partition is your OS
on? I have
searched and found no information on moving this folder
to another partition and it is not located in the
registery unless it is
a binary value.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

Windows is installed on the first partition (C:). No
matter how often I delete the folder, the next time I run
Update it is back. I asked a friend of mine about it and
although he doesn't know the answer he has a similar thing
happening. He runs windows XP Pro and it used to be on
his second partition and after having just repartitioned
and reinstalled it now shows up on his third. We found a
newgroup posting in an archive (on another site found
using google) that said they thought it was always created
on the partition with the most space free. This seems to
coincide with our experience but its kind of annoying and
we were hoping to find a way to change it.