wrong Hyperlink-Values

• Thread starter Rainer Bielefeld
  • Start date
R

Rainer Bielefeld

Hi all,

I have a very strange effect with some Hyperlinks.

I've created a list of my DVDs and lets say in column B I'm saving hyperlinks to IMDB.
I'm opening this Hyperlinks in a macro (FollowHyperlink) but sometimes Excel opens the wrong site.

I've debugged the code and found out that Excel gives me a wrong Address for this hyperlink:

Sheets("Movies").Cells(1, 2).Hyperlinks(1).Address has a wrong value.

But if I move the mouse over Cell(1,2) the tooltip shows the correct address and then, if I run the macro again (without changing
something!!! I've just moved the mouse over the cell!!!), everything goes fine and Excel opens the correct site.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Rainer

C

CurlyDave

Hi all,

I have a very strange effect with some Hyperlinks.

I've created a list of my DVDs and lets say in column B I'm saving hyperlinks to IMDB.
I'm opening this Hyperlinks in a macro (FollowHyperlink) but sometimes Excel opens the wrong site.

I've debugged the code and found out that Excel gives me a wrong Address for this hyperlink:

Sheets("Movies").Cells(1, 2).Hyperlinks(1).Address has a wrong value.

But if I move the mouse over Cell(1,2) the tooltip shows the correct address and then, if I run the macro again (without changing
something!!! I've just moved the mouse over the cell!!!), everything goesfine and Excel opens the correct site.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Rainer

If you change the Name in B1, the HyperLink code would have to run
again to get the correct address.

Ask a Question